Thursday, August 28, 2008

When is Enough..Really Enough?

"When is enough..really enough?"

It's one of those questions that has many answers. I'm not sure about others, but I think we all at some point in another want THE ANSWER to that question. It doesn't really matter if it's work, relationships or our daily lives, one way or another, it pops up.

Take an argument for example, i think some of us start processing the thought of when you should actually show frustration, well, I guess that's when we reach our boiling point. What about someone who's going on and on about a topic you might not find interesting? When do you tell yourself you had enough to listen regarding the topic and attempt changing the topic?

What about a relationship? When is enough..really enough? Having been in a situation of not being given chances to prove oneself, I understand that feeling of having the world against you, hence, I believe in giving chances (yes, many friends have told me sometimes taking the risk isn't worth it). And then, there comes the point where you start wondering when is it really the last chance?

I guess maybe it's that struggle between loving yourself, and learning to forgive and forget. At times, I find myself in situations when I stand on this fine line, where a part of me would love to forgive (maybe not forget) yet the other, wants to love myself a little more, but some unknown bit of me reminds myself that it'd be selfish to do so, knowing the pain of not being given a chance.

Wish I could toss a coin though. IF Life were that easy.

Maybe it's one of those "Chicken or Egg first"questions. Thanks to our individuality as humans, I guess we'll all have different views on 'When is enough..really enough". Afterall, one man's meat is another's poison, right? =)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin