Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The things that matter..

This story is one that carried me through my school days, and I would love to share this with the people that matter to me.





Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream. I dreamed
I was walking along the beach with the LORD,
and across the sky flashed scenes from my life
for each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
one set belonged to me, and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of my life flashed before us

I looked back at the footprints in the sand
and I noticed that many times along the path of
life there was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in my life.

This really bothered me,
so I questioned the LORD about it

One set of footprints in the sand
Lord you promised me you'd hold my hand
tell me why in the troubled times
I looked back and only find
one set of footprints in the sand

LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you would walk with me all the way.
But I've noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there's only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when
I needed you most you should leave me.



and the LORD replied

My precious, precious child,
I love you and I would never, never leave you
during your times of trial and suffering,
when you saw only one set of footprints in the sand it was then that I was carrying you.




"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. "~ James 1:12:



PS: Loads of thanks to Daniel for the verse =)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin